CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released vendor market share and preliminary analysis from its 4th quarter 2012 (4Q12) and year-end Enterprise Unified Communications and Voice Equipment report. (Full report published March 4.)
“We expect the PBX market to move back into positive territory in 2013, with moderate growth in addition to continued strong adoption of UC applications by large and mid-market enterprises looking to improve flexibility and productivity.”
“Following two years of modest growth, the PBX market had a tough 2012. While shipments grew, competitive pricing pressure persisted, driving down worldwide revenues, exacerbated by Europe’s tough economic conditions,” notes Diane Myers, principal analyst for VoIP, UC, and IMS at Infonetics Research.
“On a brighter note, unified communications ended the year on a high note, led by Microsoft and its Lync platform,” Myers continues. “We expect the PBX market to move back into positive territory in 2013, with moderate growth in addition to continued strong adoption of UC applications by large and mid-market enterprises looking to improve flexibility and productivity.”
ENTERPRISE TELEPHONY MARKET HIGHLIGHTS
- The global PBX/KTS market totaled $8.1 billion in 2012, down 4% from 2011; the EMEA region alone declined 10%
- In 2012, the unified communications segment grew 8% year-over-year
- North America and APAC were the regions to net positive revenue gains in the PBX market in 2012, growing a modest 2% and 1%, respectively over the previous year
- Pure IP PBX licenses grew 11% in 2012
- Cisco maintains its lead in global PBX/KTS revenue for the 6th consecutive quarter; Avaya and Siemens round out the top 3
- Only 3 vendors in the enterprise telephony market posted year-over-year revenue gains in 2012: Cisco, Mitel, and ShoreTel
- Infonetics expects fierce vendor battles to continue in 2013, particularly between Microsoft and Cisco in the unified communications segment
CLIENT CONFERENCE CALL
Clients: Join Diane Myers Wednesday, March 13, at Noon ET for a live enterprise telephony market recap. Log in to http://bit.ly/WXSXmO for password to join the call live or view on demand.
Infonetics’ quarterly enterprise telephony report provides global and regional market size, vendor market share, analysis, forecasts, and trends for TDM PBX and KTS systems, hybrid and pure IP PBXs, IP PBX by system size, VoIP gateways, unified communications, IP deskphones and softphones. Companies tracked: Aastra, Alcatel-Lucent, Avaya, Cisco, HP (3Com), D-Link, LG Ericsson, Microsoft, Mitel, NEC, Polycom, Samsung, ShoreTel, Siemens, Sonus, Toshiba, others. To buy the report, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
- Infonetics’ latest Enterprise Voice, Video, and UC research brief: http://bit.ly/Xut12Y
- Video conferencing sales perk up in Q3, but not enough to reverse YoY slump
- Cisco captures lead in enterprise SBC market
- $377 billion to be spent on VoIP and UC services over next 5 years
- Unified communications survey highlights enterprises’ shift towards mobility
UPCOMING ENTERPRISE VOICE FORECASTS, SURVEYS AND SCORECARDS
Download Infonetics ENTERPRISE VOICE, VIDEO, and UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS report highlights, tables of contents, prospectuses, 2013 market research brochure, and events brochure at http://www.infonetics.com/login.
- 4Q12 Enterprise Session Border Controllers
- 4Q12 Enterprise Telepresence & Video Conferencing Equipment
- SIP Trunking & SBC Strategies: North American Enterprise Survey
- VoIP & UC Services & Subscribers
- North America Business VoIP Service Leadership Scorecard
- 1Q13 Enterprise Unified Communications & Voice Equipment
Visit https://www.infonetics.com/infonetics-events to learn more or register for Infonetics events.
- Session Border Controllers in VoLTE (View on demand)
- Diameter Signaling Control: Managing Mobile Broadband Growth (Apr. 11: Register)
- Deploying Enterprise SBCs to Facilitate SIP Trunking (Sponsorships available)
- Unified Communications in the Cloud (Sponsorships available)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia, Latin America: Larry Howard, email@example.com, +1 408-583-3335
N. America (East), Texas, Midwest: Scott Coyne, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1 408-583-3395
Europe, Middle East, Africa: George Stojsavljevic, email@example.com, +44 755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.