COPENHAGEN, Denmark--(BUSINESS WIRE)--harmon.ie, the social software company, announced the top 25 European SharePoint Influencers at the European SharePoint Conference Gala Dinner in Copenhagen last night, February 6th. harmon.ie held a poll from January 8 – 25 asking the SharePoint community to select the people that most influence their decisions when faced with SharePoint issues. In an overwhelming response of more than 2,000 votes, Gokan Ozcifci of Belgium came out on top followed by Spencer Harbar of the UK and Michael Greth of Germany. Individual country leaders were also recognized at the evening event.
“This list is a sampling of those local and Pan-European SharePoint community leaders who are driving adoption and offering innovative ideas to help users and businesses. We are proud to recognize these individuals for their achievements and contributions.”
For the past two years, harmon.ie has conducted a Top 25 Online SharePoint Influencers list, created to recognize the online presence of more than 700 prominent SharePoint thought leaders whose blogs and tweets provide a road map for using SharePoint to build stronger collaborative and social enterprises. But for the first time, the SharePoint community was polled to establish a “people’s choice award” for SharePoint influence. In keeping with the social nature of this burgeoning collaborative community, the unique polling approach employed the very mechanism that the winners invoke to impact the businesses with which they work; socially driven.
The poll yielded some interesting statistics: Germany produced the most representatives with six out of the top 25 influencers hailing from the region, followed by the United Kingdom with five and Sweden with three. The breakdown of the voters was fairly representative of the per country results with nearly 21.5% of the vote coming from Germany, 8.8% from the UK, and 8.3% from Belgium.
“We wanted the community to tell us whom they considered the leading local influencers in the European SharePoint community today, and the response was tremendous,” said Yaacov Cohen, co-founder and social CEO of harmon.ie. “This list is a sampling of those local and Pan-European SharePoint community leaders who are driving adoption and offering innovative ideas to help users and businesses. We are proud to recognize these individuals for their achievements and contributions.”
Top 10 European SharePoint Influencers
1. Gokan Ozcifci (@gokanozcifci, Belgium) - SharePoint and architecture enthusiast. The founder of www.gknzcfc.net and the LinkedIn group “SharePoint How-To.” A handpicked Microsoft Community Contributor and moderator on the TechNet Forums.
2. Spencer Harbar (@harbars, United Kingdom) - Enterprise architect who helps organizations implement and drive value based upon Microsoft SharePoint. One of only five people worldwide to hold the prestigious Microsoft Certified Architect for SharePoint 2010, and is one of 50 people worldwide to hold the Microsoft Certified Master for SharePoint 2010 certification. A Microsoft Certified Master for SharePoint 2007.
3. Michael Greth (@mysharepoint, Germany) - SharePoint specialist, Microsoft MVP, consultant, podcaster, speaker and author. Self-defined social software geek.
4. Andrej Doms (@rubykon, Germany) - SharePoint enthusiast, UserGroup Düsseldorf Lead, conference speaker.
5. Oliver Wirkus (@owirkus, Germany) - Certified MCTS, MCPD and MCT. A senior consultant, speaker, author and blogger. A curious SharePoint enthusiast currently focused on SharePoint 2013.
6. Corrado Iorizzo (@corradoi, Switzerland) - Solution Architect at Cambridge Technology Partners.
7. Falak Mahmood (@falaky, Sweden) - SharePoint Architect at CGI. Specializes in software design, architecture and implementation.
8. Wictor Wilen (@wictor, Sweden) - Senior SharePoint Specialist with Connecta AB. Has achieved MCA certification in SharePoint 2010, MCSM in SharePoint and MCM in SharePoint 2010. Microsoft MVP for three consecutive years.
9. Abi Onifade (@abionifade, United Kingdom) - Leads the Systems Engineering team at AvePoint UK. Passionate for SharePoint and its user community. A frequent speaker at SharePoint community events and conferences.
10. Chris O’Brien (@ChrisO_Brien, United Kingdom) - Independent SharePoint/.Net consultant. Has worked with Microsoft technologies for 12 years. Is MCSD. Net and SharePoint certified.
The entire European SharePoint Influencers' list and an Infographic can be found at http://harmon.ie/sites/default/files/images/docs/Top25EUSPInfluencers-Final.pdf
harmon.ie (pronounced ‘harmony’) is the first platform-independent enterprise social vendor. harmon.ie enables businesses to be more social using the collaboration and social platforms they already own, such as Microsoft SharePoint and IBM Connections. harmon.ie delivers a consistent user experience across Mobile, Desktop and Cloud.
Thousands of businesses already use harmon.ie to vastly increase user adoption of applications such as Microsoft SharePoint and IBM Connections for social and collaboration functions. harmon.ie is a Microsoft Gold Competency ISV Partner and IBM Business Partner.
For more information, visit http://harmon.ie/
All trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.