AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Gazzang, the Linux data security company, today announced the company recently completed its strongest quarter to-date. Year-end sales for Gazzang grew more than 4x from 2011 to 2012. Also during 2012, Gazzang strengthened its big data security product portfolio, expanded its go-to-market channels, and more than doubled the average deal size compared to 2011. These milestones helped the company secure $4 million in funding in December from Austin Ventures and Silver Creek Ventures.
“Our performance during the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012 is further proof that we’re well positioned at the confluence of the maturing big data market and the mounting data security regulations that organizations must enforce”
“Our performance during the fourth quarter and fiscal year 2012 is further proof that we’re well positioned at the confluence of the maturing big data market and the mounting data security regulations that organizations must enforce,” said Larry Warnock, president and CEO of Gazzang. “As savvy enterprises begin to adopt an ‘encrypt everything’ approach to their sensitive and regulatory data, we believe that will drive even greater demand for robust key and secure object management and access controls. These market conditions will set the stage for an exciting and successful 2013.”
2012 highlights include:
- Strong Sales – Compliance requirements such as HIPAA-HITECH, PCI-DSS and the EU Data Protection Directive, as well as the need to secure and govern sensitive data, continue to drive demand. The company saw significant growth in new business and existing customer accounts, with strong traction in health care, retail, financial services and public sector organizations.
Product Innovation – Gazzang significantly expanded its product
portfolio by adding the following products:
- Gazzang zTrustee™, a universal key manager that stores and manages cryptographic keys, certificates, configuration files, tokens and any other opaque object.
- Gazzang zOps™, a SaaS solution for monitoring the performance of an organization’s Gazzang applications and the health of its Linux environment.
- Gazzang zEscrow™, a key backup and recovery service for Ubuntu.
- Expanded Partnerships – Gazzang expanded its go-to-market channels by joining the Amazon Partner Network and forging customer engagement partnerships with big data leaders including 10gen, Cloudera, DataStax and IBM Infosphere BigInsights.
- Industry Involvement and Accolades – Gazzang was named one of 10 finalists selected for the MIT Sloan CIO Symposium Innovation Showcase and was featured in top-tier industry and analyst publications including 451 Research, CIO, CRN, Network World and Silicon Angle. The company is also an active participant in the Cloud Security Alliance Big Data Working Group and is working with other security organizations to develop best practices around big data-scale cryptography, cloud infrastructure, policy and governance.
Gazzang provides Linux data security solutions and operational diagnostics that help enterprises protect sensitive information and maintain performance in cloud environments. Gazzang is backed by Austin Ventures and Silver Creek Ventures. For more information, visit www.gazzang.com.