NEW YORK & TOKYO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--ASKLEP Inc., a leading Tokyo-based provider of clinical research services, has joined the Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) Partner Program as part of its strategy to expand its existing offerings and further invest in its ability to support the entire clinical trial lifecycle. With the goal of streamlining key areas of the clinical trials process for its sponsor customers, ASKLEP will pursue several accreditations across Medidata’s cloud-based platform that will significantly bolster its organization’s ability to effectively support sponsors. ASKLEP plans to seek accreditation in order to provide services around Medidata’s solutions for electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical data management (CDM), safety data capture, monitoring, randomization and trial supply management, and medical coding.
“We’ve been impressed with Medidata’s track record streamlining global trials of all sizes and phases and the strong preference among sites to use the Medidata platform for electronic patient data capture.”
With subsidiaries in China, Taiwan and Korea, ASKLEP provides a range of services to sponsors in the Asia-Pacific region, including clinical research services in monitoring, data management, biostatistics and clinical research associate (CRA) training. The company will offer the Medidata Platform to increase both efficiency and quality of its clinical trials and post-marketing studies given the large network of sites across Japan.
- “It’s critical that our partners share our mission and dedication to improving the clinical trial process for research sponsors,” said Masahito Ikeda, corporate officer, deputy division director, clinical information, at ASKLEP. “We’ve been impressed with Medidata’s track record streamlining global trials of all sizes and phases and the strong preference among sites to use the Medidata platform for electronic patient data capture.”
Medidata’s expertise and experience working in the Asia-Pacific region was also a key factor in ASKLEP’s decision to join its partner program and pursue several accreditations to support its strategy. Medidata currently has thirteen partners headquartered in this region.
- “ASKLEP’s commitment to optimizing clinical trials for its customers aligns with our mission at Medidata of supporting life science organizations with solutions for efficiently managing clinical development, from concept to conclusion,” said Tarek Sherif, CEO, Medidata Solutions. “ASKLEP joins a growing community of CROs in the Asia-Pacific market that are leveraging our cloud-based platform to improve productivity and reduce costs.”
Medidata first announced its channel partner program in April 2005 to enable select CROs and other service providers to offer implementation services for the Medidata Rave® system for electronic data capture and clinical data management. Since then, the Medidata Partner Program has grown to include more than 30 partners in the U.S., Europe and Asia, ranging from smaller clinical consultancies to large, global CROs. The program also now offers eight accreditations across the Medidata platform and supports partners with a variety of on-demand resources to help them optimize sponsors’ clinical trials.
Connect with Medidata:
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: Japanese CRO ASKLEP joins @Medidata Partner Program to deliver #cloud platform to support Asian #clinical trials http://bit.ly/XF3yns
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
Asklep, Inc., founded in 1992, in Tokyo, Japan, provides clinical research services in monitoring, data management, biostatistics, CRA training, and others. As a member of the Intage Group (http://www.intage.co.jp/), we will effectively employ our medical research and system solutions functions to provide full support service in our drug development business.
About Medidata Solutions Worldwide
Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.